- References in Justice Society of America (vol. 4) #4 to Per Degaton’s history in both All-Star Comics #35 (Jun–Jul 1947) and JSA #72 (Jun 2005).
- We finally get to meet the Justice Society of the present-time DCU in this issue (although it’s still reading closer to a future-Huntress book than I’d personally prefer). Apparently Beth Chapel and Yolanda Montez were resurrected as a prelude to the Lazarus Planet events; they were originally killed back in Eclipso #13 (Nov 1993). (How this fits with Doomsday Clock #12 is left as an exercise for a reader who reads more event minis than I do.)
- The “Next Issue” line is very, uh, Zero Hour.
Month: March 2023
This Week’s Comics
- Hey, the Amazing Spider-Mail printed my letter!
Unfortunately it is quite rainy today.
- The actual solution to the “What Did Peter Do?” mystery appears to call back to the Zeb Wells-written Wolverine team-up back in Amazing Spider-Man #555–557, which I had honestly entirely forgotten about except for Chris Bachalo’s art.
- Irey West unlocked “choose her own hero name!”
- I see Chip Zdarsky felt the need to subtweet everybody who says that Bruce Wayne doesn’t spend money on charity.